7/11/12

Results!

I got a new PR this morning!  On June 8th I did a workout for the first time.  It was a scaled version of the Crossfit Amanda workout.  I used 95 lbs. and completed the workout in 9:55.

This morning, I bumped the weight up to 105 lbs. and completed the same workout in 8:03!  That's almost a 2 minute PR with 10 lbs. more weight!  Holla!  Super happy with this one as I have been concentrating on increasing my Snatch abilities with vigor!

On that note, the 2012 Crossfit Games begin today with some insane changes!  For the last 5 years the games have been a Friday, Saturday, Sunday thing.  Well, in keeping with shaking things up (last year they added a swim), this year they announced at the competitors meeting on Monday night that there would be a couple of new events.......on Wednesday!  That's right, they will be starting today with a crazy triathlon, followed by a military obstacle course, and then finishing up with standing broad jump.

At lunch, I ran with 3 buddies from work, and we did a 40 minute trail run out at Big Creek Park and on part of the Buckeye Trail.

For lunch I have some leftovers from last night, which was a homemade black bean salsa comprised of: black beans (obviously), black eyed peas, corn, green peppers, tomatoes, and onions.  I am of course, eating them with some corn chips! :)

Eat Right, Train Hard, and Never Give Up!!!

P.S. Here's my sweat angel from yesterday's workout:

No comments:

Post a Comment