7/26/11

Bees and Bikes

Last week a friend of mine was riding his bike, training for a triathlon, and had a bee fly into his mouth and sting him inside his mouth. I thought to myself, "What are the chances?"

Yesterday, during my lunch break I went on a 12 mile ride on the bike path in Chardon. I was clipping along at about 19 miles an hour and feeling pretty good about myself. All of sudden something slammed into my forehead. Now normally any insect hitting me would bounce off, but yesterday I decided out of the blue to wear my bike helmet. This sucker got wedged in between my helmet and my forehead and stung me. Not knowing how bad the reaction would be and still be 3 miles away from my Jeep I pushed it as hard as I could to get back. It turned out to be more of an irritant than anything else...nothing a little benadryl and ibuprofen couldn't fix. Again I ask, "What are the chances?"

'Til next time...

3 comments:

  1. I have had that happen quite a bit actually. That or getting a bug in your eye. That one is fun too... :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, on that same ride right at the end I had a locust glance off my face right next to my mouth.

    ReplyDelete