7/7/11

Beginnings

A little history...

I have been sending out emails to a small group of people that generally have a common bond.  This common bond is rooted in the Second Amendment.  From time to time I send out quotes that I like, thought provoking statements/questions, and sometimes just a general "funny".  It is not meant to be political although sometimes it may have that underlying theme.  Recently I sent out this quote with my own verbage at the beginning as to why I sent it out:
[quote]I have been asked from time to time by certain people why I feel it is necessary to not only carry a weapon, but to carry it every day.  I'll let LTC David A. Grossman answer that one.

"If you are a warrior who is legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that the bad man will not come today. No one can be “on” 24/7 for a lifetime. Everyone needs down time. But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... 'Baa.' "- LTC David A. Grossman, "On Combat", 2004[quote]

This generated some heavy discussion amongst my group of email friends and has prompted me to move my musings to a blog...so, here it is.  I will post the whole rundown of the discussion later today or tomorrow including the latest addition to the discussion - "Mike".  More than likely all my "emails" will simply be posted here now on my blog.  Thanks to all who have encouraged me to head this direction and feel free to join the blog and receive updates!
~Josh

1 comment: