3/25/12

Browning Hi-Power

I recently purchased a Browning Hi-Power from Ohio Ordnance Works. These were used law enforcement pistols and had only holster wear as they were hardly ever shot.  They recently sold out of them due to their "40 Days of Savings" Lent special they are running right now.  (There is a link on their home page.)  This new marketing idea has worked out awesome as they have sold out of the "daily deal" several times.  Word has it that the Hi-Powers sold out in 20 minutes...much to the chagrin of the west coasties!  Today's deal was Colt brand 1911 mags...again they are sold out.  But enough about that...back to the Hi-Power...

As I mentioned, the one I picked out had a considerable amount of  holster wear on it.  Since I work there and design and build firearms in the Engineering Department this didn't scare me off.  Cousin Bruce and I tore ours apart and sent the frames and slides off to a local phosphater to get re-finished.  When we get them back on Monday we'll have a like new Hi-Power at a fraction of the cost! Can't wait!  I will post a pic of the finished product so you can drool.

2 comments:

  1. One of the 20th centuries classic pistol designs. Most of today's autoloading pistols borrow heavily from its design, if they're not outright copies.

    ReplyDelete