8/22/12

2 different viewpoints on Crossfit

I got both of these through the Crossfit Journal...

First, earlier this year, Lynne Knapman writes that Crossfit is for everyone.

Then, just recently, Craig Nelson writes that Crossfit is NOT for everyone.

I understand and agree, at least partially, with both articles.  Crossfit in and of itself CAN be for everyone.  All exercises CAN be scaled to accomodate everyone...even children.  However, the "Crossfit lifestyle" is NOT for everyone.  Nelson describes the WOD's or "workout of the day" that we do causing DIS/GFB (which naturally stands for "drenched in sweat/gasping for breath").  I am one of the "sickos" that doesn't feel I've had a great workout unless I reach DIS/GFB...and many times feel on the brink of puking.  It wasn't until recently that I upped my game and started to adopt the whole philosophy of healthy living.  I've been doing Crossfit for 5 years now, but not always at the intensity that I am now, nor had I ever really paid much attention to what I was ingesting.  Back in the beginning of May of this year, my wife and I made a conscious effort to eat healthy and set the precedent of a healthy lifestyle for our children.  I have seen amazing results including leaning out, many PR's and just feeling better overall since this life change.  And the most positive thing is that our children will grow up in this kind of culture instead of HAVING to make a lifestyle change in their early 30's as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment