4/6/12

Just a Big Softie

If you're the man whose kids are convinced that he can fix anything...or the man whose daughters want to marry him...or the man who is his kids' hero...


I will admit that sometimes when driving home after a long day at work a song will come on that will "just get me" and I'll tear up.   I'm not to proud (or tough) to cry...and neither should you be.  When you get to the point where nothing can touch you at the core...you will become so hardened and calloused that you may no longer be sensitive to the needs of those closest to you. 

All too often I have to remind myself that those little girls of mine have been waiting all day to "tell me something" and I MUST give them my attention.  Keep them close to you, because a day will come when they will go their own way and you will want them to call just to "tell you something" or say hi.  *&^%$ it! I'm getting teared up just writing this...guess I'm just a big softie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment