4/19/12

Reunited with an old friend


I was reunited with an old friend yesterday.  While listening to iTunes on shuffle it brought up a Shaded Red song.  Now I realize 99.9% of you don’t know who that is (Jeff Lingafelter you’re the .1%!), but that’s okay.  They were a Christian rock band back in the late 90’s.  I was introduced to them when they opened for Petra on a small stage in Elyria, Ohio back in 1997. (Yup, just dated myself.)   I only have their first album which was self-titled.  The band was struck by tragedy in January of 1998 when they’re bus struck a patch of black ice killing one band member and critically wounding another.  They were never quite the same after that and the band decided to call it quits a few years later.  All that to say, I really enjoy their sound to this day…and would recommend them to anyone who likes rock/90’s alternative rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment