5/28/12

Getting Serious on Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! This my first post from the iPhone. I awoke on this day of remembrance at 6:30AM. I stretched and then "warmed up" with some weighted situps. The only thing I had for weight was my 45 lb. kettlebell. This worked, for my first weighted situps in several years, and I did 3 sets of 10. My Crossfit workout today was Tabata. What is Tabata? It consists of 8 rounds of 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. I did this for four exercises: pushups, situps, squats,& handstand pushups. Your score is your total amount of reps. This morning I scored 376. I then jogged a 1/2 mile cool down lap on my street. For Memorial Day the fam and I packed lunch and headed down to West Branch State Park where we hiked a total of 5+ miles on the trails there. All in all an awesome day! Please take some time out of your busy day to remember those who have fought and died for the freedoms that we all too often take for granted today.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job Josh! Tabata with hspu's in the mix is definitely serious. What a beautiful day for hiking too! Tif and I went for a nice walk/hike at Chapin Forest a few hours ago. That was of course after I took an hour nap when we got back from lunch after doing "Murph" haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect day Henry!

    ReplyDelete