5/31/12

Headhunters & Death by Squats

Yesterday afternoon I got a pleasant surprise.  A phone call came in at work for me and when I answered I was asked if I'd be interested in an Engineering Manager job.  I told the polite lady that I love where I work and hope to retire from here.  She thanked me for my time and that was that.  It's always nice to get a call like that...

This morning's workout was Rx'd as 7 rounds of 400m run followed by 135 lb. back squat by 29 reps.  Umm, yeah, that sounds brutal.  We were discussing it at work yesterday and one my buddies said he was probably going to drop the squat reps down to 20. I called him on it.  He then told me that I was underestimating this workout...  I said we'll see, and he said we'd talk again when reality set in the next morning.

Fast Forward to this morning.  I completed the workout in 51:25 as Rx'd.  Well, almost as Rx'd.  In order to "one up" the whole situation I did my squats at 140 lbs. and did 30 reps.  That's a total of 1.75 miles and 210 squats with 140 lbs.  It was epic and although we had dubbed it "Death by Squats" yesterday afternoon...no one died.  Tomorrow?  Murph.  Bring it on!!!

2 comments:

  1. Makes my 3-mile run sound like nothing. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow while carrying two 50-pound plates or something...You go, my man! (And very nice on getting the recruiting call. Like you said, it's good to get calls like that every once in awhile.)

    ReplyDelete