6/1/12

Broke my own rule

In the spirit of being hardcore (which sometimes loosely translates to "stupid"), I broke my own rule this morning.  My rule, set about 2 or 3 months ago by myself, for myself is this: If you don't get 5 hours of sleep, you don't workout (in the morning-before work).  In other words, getting up at 4 o'clock in the morning means I have to be in bed by 11PM.  Last night, I finished the car repair I was working on at/around 11PM, then came in, took a shower, and talked with the wifey for a little bit before finally going "lights out" at around midnight.  After yesterday, I felt I owed it to myself and my workout buddies to drag myself outta bed and hit it hard again this morning.  Today we did the Crossfit Murph workout.  Run 1 mile, 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 squats, Run 1 mile.  We usually break up the 100, 200, 300 into 20 sets of 5, 10, 15 which is allowable according to the Crossfit explanation of the workout.  Today however we chose to do it straight...in the rain...at 5 o'clock...yes, in the morning.  That'll wake you up!!

We had 5 guys show up this morning.  Three did it straight, one did the broken up version, and one (newer) guy did a reduced version.  Kudos to all of us.  We all finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment