6/25/12

Trim or Tear?

Congrats Henry!  You made the blog!  Henry provides a fine example below of why we Crossfitters MUST trim callouses.  Some people (including my wife) may find this practice gross.  What?  I'm just trimming off dead skin!  Hey, I'd rather deal with the so-called "grossness" of trimming off excess callous material than this:

Soooooooo, how do you avoid this painful self torture?  Trim your callouses.  How do we do that?  One of the best articles I've seen on this is from Beast Skills.  Here is a link to the article.

I personally, soak my hands in water (or just leave them under a warm running faucet for a minute or two) and trim them very, very carefully with a razor knife.  I use an Exacto knife with a scalpel type blade.  Again, I urge you to be very careful if you use a razor!  Slicing your palms open is not going to improve your grip any more than tearing a callous off will.

Eat Right. Train Hard.  Never Give Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment