6/5/12

Vegetarians=Healthier? (and today's WOD score)

I got a link to this Fox News article yesterday from my lovely wife.  It talks about a study that was entitled "Is a vegetarian diet adequate?" and that took place in Australia.  They came to much the same conclusions that I have so far.  That if you eat the right kinds of foods and in the correct portions you will live a healthier life.

Quote from article: "Not everyone needs or wants to become vegetarian, but eating more plant-based meals is a good recipe for our own health and that of the planet," Stanton said.

Ummm......it sounds too simple to be true, but let me tell you, I've been putting up better numbers in my workouts and had more energy all around than any other time throughout my 5 years of Crossfitting.  Just this morning I PR'd* on the Crossfit WOD** Helen***.  I scored a 10:33 time, which is the first time I've ever broke below 11 minutes.  In fact, my previous PR on this workout was 13:50!!


*PR = personal record
**WOD = Workout of the Day
***Helen = 3 rounds for time of 400m run, 55 lb. dumbell swings x 21 reps, and 12 pullups.

No comments:

Post a Comment